Fuelling the completion of the Digital Single Market
The European Digital Payments Industry Alliance (the EDPIA) represents the interests of independent Payment Services Providers headquartered in Europe. Its purpose is to contribute to EU policy debates that define the business environment for digital payments, and to strengthen the visibility and understanding of the European payments industry amongst policy makers and European society. Our broader objective is to support the EU’s objective to create a Digital Single Market, fuelled by digital payments. We are in favour of a strong, stable and properly enforced European regulatory framework that enables intense competition between transparent and market-based solutions, allowing them to compete for the trust of their European and global clients.
PAYMENTS TRANSFORMED – A BETTER DEAL FOR EU CITIZENS
28 June – 2022 Brussels
The European Digital Payments Industry Alliance (EDPIA) representing independent Payment Services Providers headquartered in Europe, is delighted to welcome you to its first conference on the future of digital payments in Europe.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Ahead of a particularly busy policy agenda for the European payments sector, and in the context of shifting geopolitical sands for Europe’s digital sovereignty ambitions, EDPIA wants to bring together the views of EU policymakers and industry representatives to discuss how the EU payments sector can best serve the evolving needs of consumers and businesses and support Europe’s political ambitions.
It will be an opportunity to discuss critical issues such as:
- The recent European Commission Consultation ahead of the revision of the Payment Services directive (PSD2).
- The upcoming legislative proposal on Instant Payments.
- The future of Open Finance.
- The challenges and opportunities of a Digital Euro in advance of a legislative proposal in Q1 2023.
EVENT PROGRAMME AND SPEAKERS
15.45 – 16.00: Welcome speech by Gilles Grapinet, CEO, Worldline and 2020-2022 EDPIA President
16:00 – 16:30: Fireside chat with Paolo Gentiloni, European Commissioner for Economy
- Moderator: Mr Paolo Bertoluzzo, CEO, Nexi Group
16.35 – 17.25: Panel debate:
- Moderator: Mr Willem Pieter de Groen, Senior Research Fellow and Head of Financial Markets and Institutions Unit, CEPS
- Mr Eric Ducoulombier, Head of Retail Financial Services Unit, European Commission
- Mr Holger Neuhaus, Head of Integration & Innovation Division, DG Market Infrastructure and Payments, European Central Bank
- Ms Rita Camporeale, Head of ABI Payments Office and EPC Vice Chair, Italian Banking Association
- Mr Hrvoje Cosic, CEO, Aircash
- Jean Allix, Special Advisor to the BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation
17.30 – 18.00: Keynote speech by Thierry Breton, European Commissioner for Internal Market
18.00 – 18.15: Closing remarks by Bo Nilsson, Board member, Nexi Group and incoming EDPIA President
18.15 – 19.30: Reception
Chairman and CEO of Worldline
Group CEO of Nexi
Chairman of the EDPIA Working Group (executive body)
Head of Public Affairs Europe,
Nets Group – part of the Nexi Group